Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stress & Time Management

Stressed out and overwhelmed. I didn’t take me to long to begin feeling this way about college. Everyone says it’s going to be hard, but hard is an understatement. I think college is an extremely difficult environment to become adjusted to. I am not used to the amounts of work I have been receiving from my classes, and I worry because I do not know what to expect from tests and quizzes. That is why time management is such an essential part of my life. I am a very organized person and I cannot stress that enough. But I have met my worst enemy, procrastination. Somehow I do not understand how I am such an organized person but still puts off everything to last minute, I just do. Though lately, I’ve been really pushing myself to get my work done early so I can feel that sense of relief and accomplishment, and it’s been working!
I am just your typical average “live-in” college student that is trying to figure out where she belongs on campus. I am currently rushing for a sorority and feel really great about it! Though sometimes I feel that I have too much time on my hands, I know that school work is my number one priority and my time needs to revolve around that. Between juggling papers, deadlines, assignments, tests/quizzes, my social life, getting involved on campus, etc I feel extremely overwhelmed, but I know that if I use my organizational skills to my advantage managing my time will be a breeze.
College truly is a whole new experience, one that I still believe that I am not 100% ready for but I am here, ready and willing to work my hardest.  Time management in high school was my strong point. I would have a day to day schedule everyday and that worked best for me as a student. Now that I am in college I am still adjusting to my new life, but I am beginning to manage my time successfully. School is my priority and I will not underestimate myself. I am a strong student and I will strive to be the best I can be.  
At the end of this of this semester I want to be able to look back on the outcome of my school work and be satisfied with the way I managed my time, and also be happy with the personal decisions I have made to better myself.


Check out this link to find techniques and strategies for time management!


No comments:

Post a Comment