Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Southern Spirit!

On Thursday September 23, 2010 I attended the first SCSU football game of the season. This wasn’t just any football game…it was Sothern’s first live broadcasted game which was to be aired on CBS College Sports Network. The game was against the AIC (American International College) Yellow Jackets. The game started promptly at 8pm but the Southern spirit began way earlier! As my friends and I all got ready, decked out in our Southern sportswear we headed over to the tailgate at 5:30. We were lucky enough to be one of the first 200 students to arrive at the tailgate so we got a free SCSU “Blue Crew” tee shirt. There was a DJ set up playing a ton of great music for our entertainment and a ton free food! We got right in the food line and took advantage of all the great food they had to offer such as fried dough, hotdogs, french fries and soda. It was so delicious! After we ate, we headed over to the face painting station and got blue and white football lines on our faces to show our Southern spirit even more. We had such a great time socializing and meeting up with a bunch of friends. The tailgate was a lot more fun than I thought it would be and I was so glad that I went. At around 7:30 fans began to fill the stands and the Southern spirit began! As the football team ran onto the field at 8:00 the crowd went wild chanting chants such as, “SC-SC” and “Can I get a Hoot Hoot”! I have never seen so much spirit at a football game before. I felt like the whole school came together to support their team and show their Southern Pride.  It was such a great experience and I look forward to attending many more games in the future. I left at halftime but watched the rest of the game on TV when I got back to my dorm. The Owls beat the Yellow Jackets 28-7 and their victory was a great accomplishment. I had such a great time and I will never forget the college bonding experience I was a part of. Let’s go Owls!
Southern Spirit! Check out this link for upcoming SCSU events.

No comments:

Post a Comment