Thursday, September 23, 2010

Professional but Me?

Two of my most favorite things in life: Shopping & Beauty and Cooking. And I don’t think I could have discovered better blogs to suit their great personalities.
The first professional blog I discovered is called The Lo Down. It was created and written by Lo Bosworth, MTV’s The Hills star. “The Lo Down is a guide to fashion, relationships, the good life and everything in between”. Her blog really stood out to me because it is everything I am interested in reading about in my free time along with Cosmo of course! I actually think I have found a blog that I am excited to read on a daily basis. Her professional but fun style of writing really catches the reader’s attention to a significant degree. Along with all the bright pinks and colors she has decorated her page with, the blog stands professional but yet beautiful and sophisticated. The Lo Down focuses on topics such as relationships, health and fitness, style, beauty, life, and community. As much as I love style and beauty her health and fitness topic really caught my attention. In one of her latest blog posts titled Lo’s September Diet she starts off by saying, “I love food”. As do I, but I like to keep my body healthy and fit at the same time and that is exactly what her blogs posts in health and fitness focus on.
The Lo Down is a well written, fun professional blog I look forward to reading in the near future!
The second mouth-watering professional blog I discovered is called The FN Dish. It was created by the Food Network for Food Network Stars and their followers to blog about their recipes and delicious dishes. The recipes include everything from Italian to Greek, and not only authentic dishes but healthy choices too! One blog post that caught my attention right off the bat was Spinach: Giada’s Great Italian Takes, recipe by Giada De Laurentiis. The blogger posted, “whip up some comforting everyday Italian dishes from Giada, featuring the earthy goodness of still-fresh spinach. As part of a cheesy topping or pasta mix-in, spinach goes from dreaded health food to savory treat”.  Though this blog is still professional it has more of a free style type of writing vibe. The blogs physical aspects defiantly grasp you attention right away with their delicious presentable looking photos. The FN Dish is a wonderful, yummy but healthy professional blog that I look forward to discovering new dishes from!
The Lo Down’s health and fitness part of her blog and the FN Dishes healthy but delicious choices are both extremely interesting, but yet different at the same time different. I found that these two blogs really related to each other well along with relating to me too.  Their comparisons are a lot more similar than I thought they would be. I defiantly believe I found two professional blogs that not only relate well to each other but to me as well. I could not have been more excited than finding two professional blogs that I significantly enjoyed writing about.
Thank you The Lo Down & FN Dish !


1 comment: