Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ready to Rush!

My first two weeks at SCSU were extremely overwhelming. I am beginning to get used to the whole college life experience even though it is a huge adjustment. I started off my new life here being extremely uncomfortable physically and emotionally. I have met a lot of great new friends over the past two weeks but I am a very home-bodied person so I miss my family, friends, and old life very much. Also, these extremely hot dorm conditions are absolutely unbearable and can make one like myself very miserable at times. But the temperature is finally beginning cool down and I’m happy and ready to get involved in my SCSU community!


The main challenge I have faced in the past 2 weeks other than adjusting to my new life as a college student is trying to figure out where I want to get involved. I have looked into a few different activities and I think I have finally found the perfect fit for me…I want to join a sorority! I have been to a few different meetings about Greek Life and I am extremely interested in Omega Zeta Pi and I cannot wait to start rushing! All the sisters are so friendly and make you feel so welcome here at Southern. I feel that by joining a sorority I will not only make tons of new friends and sisters but I will be actively involved in my SCSU community.

In high school I did not want to overwhelm myself because I wanted to keep my main focus on my grades and school work but I did want to somehow be involved at school. My sophomore year I tried out for the cheerleading team and joined the squad! I will never forget the memories and friends I had made and how much I loved representing my school. In college I chose not to pursue cheerleading but I feel that becoming a sister is the perfect fit for me.

Becoming involved in your college community is a great way to make the adjustment process a lot more easing, and we can learn that when it comes to getting involved everyone is different; its just about finding the right fit for you.

I am ready to rush!

http://www.southernct.edu/officeofstudentlife/clubsandorganizations/greeklife/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment