Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Thanksgiving Day & Feast!

Thanksgiving for me isn’t just about food. It’s about family, and the remembrance of what we are thankful for. My thanksgiving is always a hectic one! This year I got up around 8am, got ready and headed off to my grandma’s house with my parents. We visit with her for about an hour and then I went straight to the Carini Bowl (the annual Thanksgiving football game with my old high school Lyman Hall vs. cross town rivals Sheehan). The stands are packed with fans, alumni, band members, cheerleaders, parents and everyone else who comes to support the Lyman Hall Trojans! This year we won 41-3, a blowout game. After the game I went home, got ready and headed straight to my uncles house where my whole family comes together for a delicious meal.
At approximately 2:00pm right after the Patriots game ended with a victory, we sat down for our formal dinner feast! Our meal consisted of a roasted turkey, gravy, red-skinned garlic mashed potatoes, crunchy stuffing with pecans, cranberry sauce, tossed green salad, green bean casserole, and corn. It was phenomenal, absolutely delicious. I love having our family come together, enjoy a wonderful meal, and give thanks. Shortly after the meal, the pies were out and coffee was ready. We enjoy apple crumb pie, pumpkin pie, and lemon-meringue pie. YUMM! Our thanksgiving was a success, but it would be nothing without my amazing family, great food, and of course all of the football games. I am very thankful for many things in my life, and this was the holiday to celebrate that!

No comments:

Post a Comment