Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Stimulated Mind


I believe to feel intellectually stimulated in a class, that class not only has to be one that you enjoy and holds your interest, but it also has to be challenging and motivating.
Class: Intro to Psychology
My psychology class takes place every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday at 9:10-10 with Dr. Leonard Santarsiero. I find the curriculum so engaging and interesting, but yet still challenging. I truly enjoy learning and understanding about why our mind and body work the way they do, and relating them to real world problems/experiences. This class defiantly holds my complete interest and really stimulates my mind.  Learning the basics of psychology actually helps me understand myself on a completely different level leading me to feel intellectually stimulated. I enjoy attending every class and listening to his interesting and intriguing 50 minute lectures. I feel that in that class I am actually learning information that I am going to remember and use for the rest of my life.

TOPICS:
Origins of Psychology
Behavior, Experience & Emotion
Motivation
Brain, Speech, & Emotions
Memory
Abnormal Psychology & Disorders (Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, OCD)
Theories and Perspectives
Sensation & Perception
Vision
Sleep & Dreams

Learning about all of these topics really helps me process information on a completely different level. I now have a full understand how and why our mind works the way it does. “Psyche” means soul & mind.  Our mind is triggered by a series of behaviors, experiences and emotions. Overall, I find psychology to be an extremely intellectually stimulating and a class I truly enjoy.
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment