Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Common Study Place?

Everyone has their own place where they feel they get the most work done, a place where they feel motivated and inspired. And most importantly a place where they feel focused and have total concentration.  That place for me, is my dorm room. For most people, their favorite places to study on campus and get their work done are in their common rooms, the library, or the student center.  But for me I feel most comfortable right in the comfort of my door room.
Growing up, I was an only child so I am used having my own room to complete my work in the environment setting that I accommodate for myself. When I’m writing an essay, completing a project, or even making note cards to prepare for a test I like to do it by myself 100 % in peace & quiet. I cannot have any distractions. The TV stays off, I don’t listen to my iPod, and I pretty much need almost complete silence to get my work done to the best of my ability. Coming into college, I was a bit nervous and hesitant about my rooming situation. I was wondering if my roommate was going to be loud and distracting because then I would have had to find a different study space, but I lucked out.  My roommate is barley ever in the room, and though I like her as a person and truly enjoy her company I am able to get my work done right here in the cozy dorm room, which reminds me of my room at home!
 I would consider myself and good student, who works hard and receives good grades, so why would I want to change or expand my horizon to different places study. Though my study place is not cool, it is effect and it’s what works for me. Though, I am interested to hear about some cool study places on campus, because I’m sure many students have unique study locations where they feel the motivated or inspired, or even just a place where they feel comfortable completing their work/studying. My study place may not be unique or out of the ordinary, but it’s just right!
My Study Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment