Thursday, October 7, 2010

Does Your Blog Stand Out?

Today in class we looked over some student blogs to find out what truly makes a blog stand out from another. An attention catching title, unique pictures, interesting links, a good length (short, sweet, and to the point), and a blog that is both distinctive but personal. And most importantly give your blog a theme. That is what makes a blog stand out from the rest. By giving your blog and theme  and adding all the attention catching details, it will keep your readers/followers on their toes wondering what the next post is going to be about, and what message is it trying to portray. Should there be an underlying message within in your posts, or should you get right to the point and ask INQ questions within your blog? Maybe tie together both to make you blog unique.
Creativity and word choice are extremely important when writing each and every blog post. They need to grab the reader’s attention and pull them into the post. Writing posts that your followers can relate to is also something every writer should take into consideration. The language or voice of the blog needs to flow and tie together to keep the attention of the reader. Posts can be both sincere and informative but most importantly there needs to have a strong, obvious effort to make your blog stand out! Do not let your blog get boring. Have fun writing your posts; make your blog personal but also fun in an informative way.
Relating to other students blogs and getting ideas from their posts can really improve your writing skills, and to make you post stand out! I read through some of my classmate’s blogs and I found that both Michele’s Blog (A Whole New World) & Jessica’s Blog (My World) exemplify my ideas of what I like to incorporate into my blog to make it unique.
Michele’s Blog really related to mine because her titles are interesting and catch the reader’s attention right away and that is exactly what I try to do with my blog as well. Also, her style of writing related really well to mine. You can feel the passion in her writing; she puts the extra effort in her post to make them excellent. Michele’s pictures are also really great and I too always try to find pictures that relate my blog posts for the week.  Jessica’s posts are really fun and exciting to read. But at the same time they are also very informative, which is what I try to incorporate into my blog as well.
It was interesting but fun to read through some of my classmate’s blogs; to find out who has the same style of writing as me and who puts that extra effort into making their posts great every week. Effort and creativity: that’s what makes a blog standout!


                          


No comments:

Post a Comment