Monday, December 6, 2010

Successes/Weaknesses

Successes:
On an academic level I am very proud to say that I have successfully (almost) completed my first semester of classes at college! And I am very happy as to where my grades stand. Three out of the five classes I’m taking I have A’s in and my other two classes I am continuing to work hard to earn the grade I know I deserve. This semester, MATH 108 was defiantly my most challenging class and INQ was my highest workload class. Though I feel confident that after all my work (tests, quizzes, and assignments) are completed along with my finals I will have earned the grades I worked so hard for throughout the semester.
On a more personal level I have really adjusted well to living on campus. I continue to go home on weekends to work, but I am very pleased as to how my on-campus living experience has worked out. And I have decided I am going to continue living on campus next semester. I have made some really great friends here and my best friend Chelsea and I are planning on living together next semester and I am really excited! My attitude has extremely changed on a positive level since the beginning of the semester and I am very proud to see how far I have come in just a few short months.
Weaknesses:
Academically I feel very positive as to where my grades stand. The only weakness I feel I have is in my math class. My two test grades this week along with the final will make up a very large portion of my grade and I am a little nervous about how I am going to do.  Math is not my best subject, but I am going to continue to work hard the next two weeks to do my best in the class.
Socially, adjusting to living on-campus was very difficult for me, but after about a month I started to feel comfortable living here. I really tried to get involved on campus and take part in the “full college experience” (living on campus, meeting new friends, & getting involved in an organization on campus). I rushed for a the sorority Omega Zeta Pi for September and October but then decided it just wasn’t for me and I wasn’t fully committed to the organization so I decided to stop my rush period. I decided to define this experiences as a weakness, but in my eyes I view it as a positive weakness, oxymoron. I learned a lot about myself from the time I dedicated to the organization, so I was glad I gave it a shot and learned from my experiences.
But as of right now I am dedicating these last two weeks to my school work and spending what free time I have with the great friends I made on campus. This semester was defiantly a learning experience I will always remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment