Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Final Blog Post :)

I talked a lot about my personal, social, and academic goals for next semester in my pervious blog titled Successes/Weaknesses.

Briefly restating those goals for next semester; personally I am going to continue to stay both academically and mentally motivated & dedicated to my classes, assignments, grades, etc. After finding out my GPA at the conclusion of the fall semester I hope to obtain and/or exceed that GPA in the spring. I am mentally going to stay focused by taking care of myself. I am a very balanced and structured person, so by continuing to stay organized in my life I know I will succeed. I want and need to stay positive and focus on my future! I know all of my hard work will pay off in the end if I continue to stay motivated and alert in my classes. Doing well in college is very important to me and therefore the academic goals I set for myself are essential to my life as a SCSU student.
Socially, I am happy here at Southern. I want continue my college education here for all 4 years and earn my Bachelors’ in Nursing. I enjoy the company of the wonderful friends I have made here on campus, especially my really great friend Chelsea. We have become really close and she’s really helped to adjusting to living on campus. Southern is what many students would call a “suitcase school”.  This meaning, many of the students that attend Southern live close enough to home to spend their weekends at home. I really enjoy the balance of both living on campus during the week to stay focused on my school work and then going home on the weekends to work, spend time with family & friends, etc. I am going to continue with this weekly routine next semester and then decide at the end of the spring semester if I will be commuting next fall, or continuing to live here on campus. I truly feel as if I’m living the best of both worlds right now! (on campus mon-thurs to stay focused on my work/classes & home fri-sun to enjoy myself and work.)
My personal, social, and academic goals are extremely significant to my life as a college student.  

No comments:

Post a Comment